Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM lens
Compact and lightweight standard zoom lens specifically for digital SLR's that accept EF-S lenses. Uses optics designed to take advantage of the small image circle to give a 17-85mm (equivalent to a focal length of 27-136mm in 135mm format), 5x zoom ratio. Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed three stops faster. Inner focusing, ring USM and new AF algorithms for fast and quiet autofocusing. Double-sided, aspherical lens element (GMo) for high image quality at all focal lengths. Optimized lens coating minimising flare and ghosting prone occurring with digital cameras. Minimum focusing distance of 0.35m at all focal lengths. Circular aperture for beautiful out-of-focus images. Only environmentally friendly lead free glass used in optics.
- Focal Length&Max. Aperture: 17-85mm 1:4.0-5.6
- Filter Diameter: 67mm; P=0.75mm/1 filter
- Magnification with Extension Tube EF12 II: 0.43x - 0.14x (only at tele end)
- Magnification with Extension Tube EF25 II: 0.72x - 0.33x (only at tele end)
- Diagonal Angle of View: 78ø 30' - 18ø 25' (27.3mm)
- Horizontal Angle of View: 68ø 40' - 15ø 25' (22.7mm)
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Minimum aperture: f/22-32 (f/22-32 for cameras featuring 1/3-stop increments also)
- No. of aperture blades: 6 (circular aperture)
- Closest focusing distance (m): 0.35m
- Focus drive: Ring USM
- Dimensions: 78.5mm dia. x 92mm (max. length 118.5mm)
- Weight: 475g
Compare to other products in the Zoom lenses range.
Compare to other products in the Canon range.
Fine-Tuning for digital photography. Highest optical precision, multicoating (MC), water-repellent due to lotus effect (Water Shedding), slimline metal mount, front thread.