NIKON COOLPIX S8200 16mp 14x WIDE 25mm-BLA
COOLPIX S8200 Primary Features An effective pixel count of 16.1-million pixels and a 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a zoom range beginning at the wide-angle 25 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format) for coverage of a broad range of angles of view
An extremely portable compact body despite its built-in 14x optical zoom lens
At roughly the same size as its predecessor, the S8100 (10x optical zoom), the S8200 is equipped with a 14x optical zoom lens that makes the most of the exclusive new, high-density slim lens barrel design. Adoption of a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function allows for improved zoom function and reduces the effects of camera shake for simpler capture of more beautiful images.
The new Target finding AF function allows the camera to automatically predict and focus on the intended subject
The new Target finding AF function, which uses Nikon's exclusive high-performance image analysis technology, has been adopted. Used for the first time in a Nikon compact digital camera, Target finding AF allows the user to simply point the camera in the direction of the intended subject and the camera immediately predicts that subject and then specifies the focus area and size for focusing. As the active focus area is automatically specified in accordance with the size of the subject, resulting images are in clear focus. In addition, Target finding AF not only works with subjects positioned at the center of the frame, but with off-center subjects as well. This capability is clearly exhibited with shooting of smaller subjects such as flowers, food and the like.
High-speed response and continuous auto overlay function that make the most of the backside illumination CMOS image sensor capabilities
Nimble response that ensures certain capture of the perfect moment
With a power-up time of approximately 0.95 s, an autofocusing time of approximately 0.29 s, and a shooting time lag of roughly 0.35 s, the camera responds immediately not only to sudden photo opportunities but to moving subjects as well. In addition the zoom control offers two-stage zooming for fast zooming when rotated all the way in either direction and slower zooming needed to compose shots when rotated partially.
- Power-up time measured according to CIPA guidelines.
- Autofocusing time and shooting time lag measured according to Nikon standards: 25mm focal length (equivalent in 35mm  format), shooting distance of 2 m, ambient brightness of LV 10; images recorded to 4-GB Class 10 SDHC memory card
A number of continuous shooting functions that enable certain capture of the best shot
In addition to continuous shooting of up to five shots (with Continuous enabled) at the maximum image size of 16M at a rate of approximately 6 fps, additional options enable high-speed continuous shooting of up to 60 shots at shutter speeds of 1/125 s or faster (Continuous H: 120 fps), and automatic recording of up to five shots before the shutter-release button is fully pressed to enable capture of the perfect moment (Pre-shooting cache).
Smile timer continuous mode for certain capture of the perfect smile with automatic continuous shooting
The camera automatically recognizes the moment a human subject smiles and releases the shutter. Up to five shots are automatically captured with continuous shooting to ensure a shot with the perfect smile.
Night Portrait mode
Multiple shots of varying exposure for the background and the portrait subject are combined in a single photo with optimal exposure throughout. The portrait subject is brightly lit while the ambience of the background is preserved, enabling capture of beautiful souvenir photos of a night at the amusement park or at a dimly lit indoor party with friends.
Night landscape mode for beautiful photos with hand-held shooting
Images captured continuously at high speed with a low ISO sensitivity setting (for less noise) are combined and recorded as a single blur-free image with very little noise. This allows users to immediately capture beautiful night landscapes on the spur of the moment with hand-held shooting and no prior preparation.
Backlighting mode that prevents loss of detail in highlights and shadows
By combining two shots captured in quick succession at varying exposures, images exhibiting rich tones with no loss of detail in highlights or shadows are possible. This mode offers three levels of exposure deviation for use according to the degree of difference between bright and dark areas in the scene.
Shooting, playback and retouch functions that easily enable the creation of artistic works:
Special effects, Filter effects, Easy panorama
Special effects are applied with shooting of still images or recording of movies to create delicate images or those with impact through the adjustment of colors and/or contrast prior to recording. Filter effects are easily applied to still images and movies that have already been recorded. The skillful use of these features according to desired intent, scene, etc. allows users to easily create artistic imaging works not previously possible.
Special effects can be applied prior to shooting, enabling users to capture photos with colors and tones that suit their intent. Soft, High key, Low key, Nostalgic sepia, High-contrast monochrome and Selective color options are available.
Easily apply filter effects to photos already taken without using a computer. Cross screen, Fisheye, Miniature effect and Painting options are available.
With the S8200, it is easy to create dynamic vertical or horizontal panorama photos. Angle of view can be selected from 180ø (normal) and 360ø (wide). The user need simply move the camera in the desired direction using the guides displayed, and the camera automatically recognizes the direction in which shots should progress. Multiple shots are then combined in a single panorama photo.
HD movie recording with stereo sound
High-quality recording of HD movies (1920 x 1080 pixels), even in dark surroundings, is possible. During movie recording, optical zoom can be used for flexible wide-angle and close-up recording. In addition, dramatic movies recorded using the HS Movie function can be played back in slow motion at 1/4 or 1/2 the normal playback speed, or in fast motion at twice the normal playback speed.
- 16 MP
- Zoom x 14
- Type of Camera Compact digital camera
- Effective Pixels 16.1 million pixels
- Image Size (Pixels) 4608 x 3456 (16M*), 4608 x 3456 (16M), 4000 x 3000 (12M), 3264 x 2448 (8M), 2592 x 1944 (5M), 2048 x 1536 (3M), 1024 x 768 (PC screen), 640 x 480 (VGA), 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- Lens 14x Optical zoom; f=25 to 350 mm / F/3.3-5.9
- Vibration Reduction Lens shift VR
- Digital Zoom Up to 2x
- Focus Range Normal mode: 50cm, Macro: 1cm
- LCD Monitor 3.0"; 921,000-dot, TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating
- Storage Media SD memory cards (SDHC and SDXC compliant;) and internal memory (approx. 89MB)
- File Format Compressed [JPEG (EXIF)], Stereo/wav file, MOV movie
- Shooting Modes Auto mode, Scene mode, Night Landscape, Backlight, Continuous, Special effects, Pet Portrait, Movie mode
- Scene Modes Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night portrait, Party/indoor, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Night Landscape, Close-up, Pet portrait, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Black and white copy, Backlighting, Panorama assist
- Capture Modes Single, Continuous (approx. 10 fps up to 5 shots), BSS (Best Shot Selector), Multi-shot 16 (16 frames with a single burst), Pre-shooting cache (Up to 20 frames at approx. 15 fps)
- Video Recording HD 1080p (1920 x 1080, 30 fps), HD 720p (1280 x 720, 30 fps), iFrame 540 (960 x 540, 30 fps), VGA (640 x 480, 30 fps)
- Exposure Metering System 224-segment matrix metering, Center-weighted metering
- Sensitivity Auto (auto gain ISO 100 to 1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100 to 400, ISO 100 to 800), Manual selection: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- White Balance Auto, Preset manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- Self-Timer 2 and 10 sec. duration
- Flash Sync Modes Auto, Auto with red-eye reduction, Off, Fill flash, Slow sync
- Pictmotion No
- Supported Languages Total of 29 languages: Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, Greek, French, Indonesian, Italian, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Russian, Romanian, Finnish, Swedish, Vietnamese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Hindi
- Power Requirements Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12; AC Adapter EH-62F (optional)
- Battery Life (on a fully charged battery) Approx. 250 shots with EN-EL12 (based on CIPA standard)
- Dimensions Approx. 103.7 x 59.3 x 32.7 mm excluding projections
- Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area) Camera Strap AN-CP19, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Charging AC Adapter EH-69P, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP16, View NX 2 CD
- Weight (without batteries and memory card) Approx. 213g (Weight with battery and memory card)
- Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 operated at an ambient temperature of 25 øC (77 øF).
- * 1 Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries.
- * 2 Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
Compare to other products in the Digital Compact range.
Compare to other products in the Nikon range.
The high-capacity Nikon EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery is compatible with the Nikon CoolPix S610, S610c, S70&S1000pj Digital Cameras. It features lithium technology, which provides maximum...
Get the perfect balance of speed and reliability for HD video and faster shot-to-shot performance with SanDisk Extremer HD Video SDHCT cards. Delivering Class...
Camera on pic not included
Tether-Style Strap for Your Camera Screws to 1/4-20 Tripod Socket Locking Carabiner Hooks to FastenR Includes Corrosion-Resistant ConnectR Works on Any Camera with FastenR Lightweight / 2.0...
The gorillapod firmly secures your compact digital camera to just about anything...anywhere and everywhere. Unlike traditional tripods, the gorillapod doesn't require an elevated flat...
Lightweight, rugged and designed to withstand the elements, Apex AW pouches are perfect for even the most discerning adventure photographer. The convenient, single-compartment design accommodates...
This pouch has a roomy NoDropT main compartment for a digital or 35mm camera and expandable front flap pocket for memory cards or batteries....
Completely fluff-free, grease-absorbing cloth for gentle, yet effective cleaning of optical lenses (glasses, lenses, magnifiers), but alsosuitable for CDs, records, photos, slides,TV/monitor screens, etc. Washable...