Nikon D3000 10.1mp 18-55mm VR + 55-200mm kit
The 10.2 megapixel D3000 makes it easier than ever to step-up to digital SLR photography and achieve great pictures with the new Guide Mode, which aids new users with step-by-step assistance when needed. Through its intuitive user-friendly interface, the Guide mode assists users in choosing shooting modes for a variety of situations and, if they choose, exploring advanced photographic techniques. The Guide mode is easily accessed by the program dial on the top of the camera and displays a variety of shooting situations via the LCD screen, indicating the most appropriate setting for a particular scenario. There are also sample photos, which illustrate the effects of different photo-taking techniques.
The D3000 leverages proven Nikon technologies to create the most positive picture-taking experience for consumers. The D3000 delivers highly detailed images with vibrant colour reproduction and low noise across a broad ISO range, due to its 10.2-megapixel CCD image sensor coupled with Nikon's exclusive EXPEEDT advanced digital image processing system technologies. The D3000's normal ISO range extends from ISO 100 to 1600, allowing for low-light versatility. Additionally, the D3000's ISO range can expand to a Hi 1 setting of ISO 3200, furthering the opportunities for shots that other cameras miss.
10.2-Megapixel DX-format Imaging Sensor
Delivers extraordinary image quality for breathtaking prints up to 20 x 30 inches.
Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens
Legendary NIKKOR optical quality and fast, accurate autofocus means vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail, while VR image stabilization assures your sharpest pictures ever.
Nikon's Smallest D-SLR
Beautifully styled-Ready to go where life takes you.
Easy-To-Use-Featuring Nikon Guide Mode
Intuitive controls and the on-board Guide Mode assist you every step of the way.
Split-second Shutter Response
Eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras miss.
Continuous Shooting up to 3 Frames-Per-Second
Capture fast action, precious moments and fleeting expressions confidently.
6 Automatic Exposure Scene Modes
Just set the Mode dial to Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging conditions.
3-inch Color LCD Monitor
Bright, high-resolution, 170-degree wide-angle viewing for easy picture review and sharing.
In-camera Image Editing
The Retouch Menu provides creative freedom, without the need for a computer, offering 13 easy editing functions, including Trim, Red-eye Correction and Soft Filter.
Nikon EXPEED Image Processing
Assures breathtakingly rich image quality, managing color, contrast, exposure, noise and speed.
Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning
Ultrasonic process and exclusive Airflow Control combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality shot after shot.
Fast and accurate autofocus delivers razor-sharp pictures.
6 Personal Picture Control Settings
Choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures.
Restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
ISO sensitivity from 100 - 1600
Exceptional results, even in challenging low-light situations
- 10.1 MP
- Type Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens Mount Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
- Effective Picture Angle Approx. 1.5 x lens focal length (Nikon DX format)
- Effective Pixels 10.2 million
- Image Sensor 23.6 x 15.8 mm CCD sensor
- Total Pixels 10.75 million
- Dust-Reduction System Image Sensor Cleaning, Airflow Control System, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)
- Image Size (Pixels) 3,872 x 2,592 [L], 2,896 x 1,944 [M], 1,936 x 1,296 [S]
- File Format NEF (RAW)
- JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8), or basic (approx. 1:16) compression
- NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control System Can be selected from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape; selected Picture Control can be modified
- Media SD (Secure Digital) memory cards, SDHC compliant
- File System DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0, DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), Exif 2.21 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras), PictBridge
- Viewfinder Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Frame Coverage Approx. 95% horizontal and 95% vertical
- Magnification Approx. 0.8 x (50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, -1.0 m-1)
- Eyepoint 18 mm (-1.0 m-1)
- Diopter Adjustment -1.7 to +0.5 m-1
- Focusing Screen Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark V screen with focus frame (framing grid can be displayed)
- Reflex Mirror Quick return type
- Lens Aperture Instant return, electronically controlled
- Compatible Lenses AF-S and AF-I NIKKOR: All functions supported
- " Type G or D AF NIKKOR without built-in autofocus motor: All functions except autofocus supported. IX NIKKOR lenses not supported.
- " Other AF NIKKOR: All functions supported except autofocus and 3D colour matrix metering II. Lenses for F3AF not supported.
- " Type D PC NIKKOR: All functions supported except some shooting modes.
- " AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except 3D colour matrix metering II.
- " Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in exposure mode M, but exposure meter does not function.
- Note: Electronic rangefinder can be used if lens has a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster.
- Shutter Type Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speed 1/4000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 EV, Bulb, Time (requires optional Wireless Remote Control ML-L3)
- Flash Sync Speed X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower
- Release Mode Single-frame, continuous, self-timer, quick-response remote, delayed remote
- Frame Advance Rate Up to 3 fps (manual focus, mode M or S, shutter speed 1/250 s or faster, and other settings at default values)
- Self Timer Can be selected from 2, 5, 10, and 20s duration
- Metering TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering Method Matrix: 3D colour matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); colour matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
- Centre-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 8-mm circle in centre of frame
- Spot: Meters 3.5-mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centred on selected focus point
- Range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20oC) Matrix or centre-weighted metering: 0 to 20 EV Spot metering: 2 to 20 EV
- Exposure Meter Coupling CPU
- Exposure Modes Auto modes (auto, auto [flash off ]), Scene Modes (Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close up, Night portrait), programmed auto with flexible program (P), shutter-priority auto (S), aperture-priority auto (A) manual (M)
- Exposure Compensation -5 to +5 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
- Exposure Lock Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index) ISO 100 to 1600 in steps of 1 EV. Can also be set to approx. 1 EV above ISO 1600 (ISO 3200 equivalent), auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting Can be selected from On or Off
- Autofocus Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, 11 focus points (including one cross-type sensor), and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5 to 3m)
- Detection Range -1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20oC)
- Lens Servo Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status
- Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus Point Can be selected from 11 focus points
- AF-Area Mode Single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, auto-area AF, 3D-tracking (11 points) AF
- Focus Lock Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (Single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Built-in Flash Auto, Portrait, Child, Close-up, Night portrait: Auto flash with auto pop-up
- P, S, A, M: Manual pop-up with button release
- Guide Number Approx. 12m, 13m with manual flash (m, ISO 100, 20oC)
- Flash Control TTL: i-TTL balanced fill-flash and standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR using 420-pixel RGB sensor are available with built-in flash and SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, or SB-400 (i-TTL balanced fill-flash is available when matrix or centre-weighted metering is selected)
- Auto aperture: Available with SB-900, SB-800 and CPU lens
- Non-TTL auto: Supported flash units include SB-900, SB-800, SB-80DX, SB-28DX, SB-28, SB-27, and SB-22S
- Range-priority manual: Available with SB-900 and SB-800
- Flash Mode Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, fill-flash, auto slow sync, auto slow sync with red-eye correction, and rear curtain with slow sync
- Flash Compensation -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
- Flash-Ready Indicator Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit such as SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, SB-400, SB-80DX, SB-28DX, or SB-50DX is fully charged; blinks for 3 s after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory Shoe ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) Advanced Wireless Lighting supported with SB-900, SB-800, or SU-800 as commander; Flash Colour Information Communication supported with built-in flash and all CLS-compatible flash units
- Sync Terminal Sync Terminal Adapter AS-15 (optional)
- White Balance Auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine turning.
- LCD Monitor 3-in., approx. 230 k-dot TFT LCD with brightness adjustment
- Playback Function Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar) playback with playback zoom, playback of stop-motion movies created with D3000, slide show, histogram display, highlights, auto image rotation, and image comment (up to 36 characters)
- Interface Hi-Speed USB
- Audio Video Output Can be selected from NTSC and PAL
- Supported Languages Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Battery One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL9a
- AC Adapter AC Adapter EH-5a; requires Power Connector EP-5 (optional)
- Tripod Socket 1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 126 x 97 x 64 mm (5.0 x 3.8 x 2.5 in.)
- Weight Approx. 485 g without battery, memory card, or body cap
- Operating Environment Temperature: 0 to 40oC
- Humidity: Less than 85% (no condensation)
- DETAILED SPECIFICATIONS - NIKON AF-S 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 G VR DX LENS
- Focal Length 18-55mm (approximates picture angle performance of a 27-82.5mm lens on the 35mm format)
- Maximum Aperture f/3.5 - 5.6
- Minimum Aperture f/22 - 38
- Lens Construction 7 elements in 5 groups with one ED glass element
- Picture Angle 76-degrees to 28-degrees at 50-feet
- Minimum Focus 0.9 feet throughout the entire zoom range
- Filter Attachment Size 52mm
- Dimensions (approx.) 2.7 x 2.9 inches
- Weight (approx.) 7.2 ounces
- Included Accessories LC-52 snap-on front and rear lens cap
- Optional Accessories LF-1 Rear lens cap , HB-33 Bayonet hood, CL-0715 Flexible lens pouch
Compare to other products in the Digital DSLR range.
Compare to other products in the Nikon range.