PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-GF3 14/2.5 + 14-42/3.5-5.6 kit
The world's smallest and lightest system camera* offers superb image quality and an advanced AF system Slim, stylish and easy to use, the LUMIX DMC-GF3 captures the moments you want to remember in exceptional detail. Panasonic's new LUMIX DMC-GF3, is the world's smallest and lightest* interchangeable lens LUMIX G system camera, reduced approximately 17% in size and approximately 15% in weight compared with the DMC-GF2. It is designed to help you get more from every moment. Easy to use, bursting with features and weighing just 225g, the LUMIX GF3 puts DSLR image quality in the palm of your hand.
*For an interchangeable lens system camera with a built-in flash as of 13th June 2011
Capture every precious moment
Now you never need to regret 'the one that got away'; that perfect picture you weren't fast enough to catch, because the DMC-GF3 incorporates the world's fastest*1 pinpoint auto focus speed, at approximately 0.1 second*2. The ingenious Light Speed AF system gives the DMC-GF3 an accuracy and speed that rivals the performance of high-end DSLRs. A wide range of AF modes are available, including multiple-area AF with up to 23 focus areas, Face Detection, and AF Tracking, meaning the DMC-GF3 can lock onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves.
*1 The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140) to move the lens position to "2m" from "infinity" position. The zoom position is in wide range. Panasonic measurement method.
*2 Approx. 0.1 sec with LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S., approx. 0.18 sec with LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH. and with LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
To get the best AF performance with the DMC-GF3 and LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140), the firmware of LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140) must be updated to ver. 1.3 or later.
iA+ gives you more creative freedom
The iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus will satisfy experienced photographers, yet is easy enough for beginners to use comfortably in both photo and video recording. Defocusing area, exposure compensation and white balance can be adjusted for scenes where a slight manual adjustment may bring better results. This popular function is easily operated with a slider on the touch-screen. Additional iA features include AF Tracking, Face Recognition, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Resolution, MEGA O.I.S. (included in the lens), Intelligent ISO Control and Intelligent Scene Selector.
Impressive features in a compact body
A lightweight aluminium body with an ergonomic rounded design means that the Lumix GF3 is both compact and comfortable to hold. Even more impressive is that housed within this camera's tiny footprint is a built-in flash. It adopts a pop-up mechanism to prevent the darkening or shading that can occur due to the short distance between the flash unit and the interchangeable lens.
Film your masterpiece in the highest quality
Now the DMC-GF3 can record Full HD videos in AVCHD format; featuring almost twice the recording time in HD quality than Motion JPEG. Panasonic's advanced Auto Focus system with full-time AF and AF tracking ensures high-quality, easy video shooting. Touch the screen, and the camera locks on and automatically "tracks" the subject as it moves, continuing to adjust the focus settings for best results. Dolby© Digital Creator sound is complimented by a microphone on the upper body to record dynamic, true-to-life audio.
Intuitive operation simplifies shooting and playback
The 3.0-inch touch-screen allows you to navigate the menu system more accurately and easily. It includes touch-shutter, touch-AF, touch-playback and more. A newly adopted control dial gives you another avenue for smooth, free control. Just turn it and choose the icons you want to set. It makes complicated settings fun and easy.
- 12.1 MP
- TYPE Type Digital interchangeable lens system camera
- Recording Media SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Image Sensor Size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- IMAGE SENSOR Type Live MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels 13.06 Megapixels
- Camera Effective Pixels 12.10 Megapixels
- Color Filter Primary color filter
- Dust Reduction System Supersonic wave filter
- RECORDING SYSTEM Recording File Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW
- MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Motion Image: AVCHD / QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Aspect Ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Image Quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard
- MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File Size (Pixels) Still Image [4:3] 4,000 x 3,000 (L), 2,816 x 2,112 (M), 2,048 x 1,536 (S), 1,600 x 1,200 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- [3:2] 4,000 x 2,672 (L), 2,816 x 1,880 (M), 2,048 x 1,360 (S), 1,600 x 1,064 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- [16:9] 4,000 x 2,248 (L), 2,816 x 1,584 (M), 1,920 x 1,080 (S), 1,600 x 904 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- [1:1] 2,992 x 2,992 (L), 2,112 x 2,112 (M), 1,504 x 1,504 (S), 1,440 x 1,440 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Motion Image Motion JPEG [4:3] VGA: 640 x 480, 30 fps / QVGA: 320 x 240, 30 fps
- [HD] 1,280 x 720, 30 fps
- AVCHD NTSC [Full HD] 1,920 x 1,080, 60i (sensor output is 30p) (FSH: 17 Mbps)
- [HD] 1,280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30p) (SH: 17 Mbps)
- PAL [Full HD] 1,920 x 1,080, 50i (sensor output is 25p) (FSH: 17 Mbps)
- [HD] 1,280 x 720, 50p (sensor output is 25p) (SH: 17 Mbps)
- Continuous Recordable Time (Motion Image)* AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 160 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 170 min with H-H014
- Actual Recordable Time
- (Motion Image)* AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 130 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 150 min with H-H014
- FOCUS Type Contrast AF system
- Focus Mode AFS / AFC / MF
- AF Mode Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint
- AF Detective Range EV 0 - 18 (ISO100 equivalent)
- AF Assist Lamp YES
- AF Lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF/AE lock
- Others Touch shutter, Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion image recording), AF+MF, Touch MF Assist
- EXPOSURE CONTROL Light Metering System 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
- Light Metering Mode Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- Metering Range EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent)
- Exposure Mode Program AE / Aperture Priority AE / Shutter Priority AE / Manual
- ISO Sensitivity
- (Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV Step, ñ3 EV
- AE Lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF/AE lock
- AE Bracket 3, 5 frame, in 1/3 or 2/3 EV Step, ñ4/3 EV
- WHITE BALANCE White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2 / Color temperature setting / Portrait / Beauty Skin / Sport / Flower / Collection / Baby / Pet / Defocus Control
- White Balance Adjustment Blue/amber bias, Magenta/green bias
- Color Temperature Setting 2,500 K - 10,000 K in 100 K
- White Balance Bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
- SHUTTER Type Focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speed Still Images: 1/4,000 - 60
- Motion Image: 1/16,000 - 1/30 (NTSC), 1/16,000 - 1/25 (PAL)
- Self Timer 10 sec, 3 images / 2 sec / 10 sec
- SCENE MODE Still Image SCN Mode Portrait / Soft Skin / Scenery / Architecture / Sports / Peripheral Defocus / Flower / Food / Objects / Night Portrait / Night Scenery / Illuminations / Baby 1, 2 / Pet / Party / Sunset
- Video SCN Mode Portrait / Soft Skin / Scenery / Architecture / Sports / Flower / Food / Objects / Low-light / Party / Sunset
- (Activated by selecting Still Image SCN mode then pressing Video Button. Still Image SCN modes without corresponding Video SCN mode is recorded in mode suitable for the recording situation.)
- CREATIVE CONTROL Creative Control (Still Image&Motion Image) Expressive / Retro / High Key / Sepia / High Dynamic / Miniature
- BURST SHOOTING Burst Speed H: 3.8 frames/sec, M: 2.8 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Number of Recordable Images 7 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed)
- Unlimited consecutive shooting (when there are no RAW files)
- (depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
- BUILT-IN-FLASH Type TTL Built-in-Flash, GN6.3 equivalent (ISO160 u m), Built-in Pop-up
- Flash Mode Auto, Auto / Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On / Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync. / Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- Synchronization Speed Less than 1/160 second
- Flash Synchronization 1st Curtain Sync.
- LCD MONITOR Type TFT LCD with Touch panel
- Monitor Size 3.0 inch (7.5 cm) / 3:2 Aspect / Wide-viewing angle
- Pixels 460,000 dots
- Field of View Approx. 100%
- Monitor Adjustment Brightness (7 levels), Contrast and Saturation (7 levels), Red tint (7 levels), Blue tint (7 levels)
- LIVE VIEW Digital Zoom 2x, 4x
- Extra Tele Conversion Still Image: Max. 2x (Not effective with L size recording. Magnification ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.)
- Motion Image: 3.1x (SH/H in AVCHD and HD/WVGA in Motion JPEG)
- 4.2x (VGA/QVGA in Motion JPEG)
- Other Functions Guide Lines (3 patterns)
- Real-time Histogram
- PLAYBACK Playback Mode Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max. 16x), Slideshow (duration&effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal / Picture / AVCHD / Motion JPEG / 3D Play / Category / Favorite), Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Resize, Cropping, Aspect Conversion, Rotate, Rotate Display, Favorite, Print Set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit
- IMAGE PROTECTION / ERASE Protection Single / Multi, Single in Burst Group / Multi in Burst Group, Cancel
- Erase Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite
- PRINT Direct Print PictBridge compatible (Print size, Layout and Date settings are selectable)
- INTERFACE USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- HDMI mini HDMI TypeC
- Video: Auto / 1080i / 720p / 480p (576p in PAL system)
- Audio: Linear PCM
- Audio Video Output Monaural Type, NTSC / PAL, NTSC only for North America
- *Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the products that are available in your market.
- Microphone Monaural, Wind-cut: Off / Low / Standard / High
- Mic level adjustable: Lv1 / Lv2 / Lv3 / Lv4
- Speaker Monaural
- LANGUAGE OSD Language English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, Thai, Korean, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Vietnamese
- *Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the OSD languages on the products that are available in your market.
- POWER Battery Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 940mAh) (Included)
- Battery Charger
- Battery Life** Approx. 320 images with H-FS014042***
- Approx. 340 images with H-H014
- DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT Dimensions (W x H x D) 107.7 x 67.1 x 32.5 mm / 4.24 x 2.64 x 1.28 inch (excluding protrusions)
- Weight Approx. 264 g / 9.31 oz (SD card, Battery, Body)
- Approx. 222 g / 7.83 oz (Body only)
- Approx. 319 g / 11.25 oz (SD card, Battery, H-H014 lens included)
- Approx. 429 g / 15.13 oz (SD card, Battery, H-FS014042 lens included)
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT Operating Temperature 0 øC to 40 øC (32 øF to 104 øF)
- Operating Humidity 10%RH to 80%RH
- STANDARD ACCESSORIES Software
- PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.2 HD Edition,
- SILKYPIX© Developer Studio 3.1 SE,
- Super LoiLoScope (trial version),
- USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Body Cap (DMC-GF3K and DMC-GF3 only), AV Cable,
- USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, Stylus Pen, CD-ROM
- *Body cap not included for the DMC-GF3C kit and the DMC-GF3W kit
- **Lens rear cap of H-H014 lens not included for the DMC-GF3C kit and the DMC-GF3W kit
Compare to other products in the Digital Mirrorless range.
Compare to other products in the Panasonic range.
Converts to monopod
Product Highlights Solid Aluminum Tripod Folds Down to 15.4" Tool-Free Conversion to Monopod 17.6 lb Load Capacity Maximum Height of 5.13' Q Series Dual Action Ballhead Two-Position Leg...
The Panasonic DMW-BLE9 Lithium-Ion Battery brings hours of life to compatible LUMIX digital cameras. The BLE9 features a 940mAh capacity and 7.2V of output...
The BlackRapid RS-7 Camera Strap (Black) is a lightweight strap with attachment points to customize the strap with a choice of storage and other...
When you need speed, go with SanDisk Extreme© 45MB/s Edition SDHCT cards and get more out of your DSLR or advanced camera, with SanDisk's...
For faster speed (up to 95 MB/s*), shoot with the SanDisk Extreme© ProT SDHCT and SDXC for 64GB UHS-I memory cards. Compromise nothing with...
Scaled to fit today's compact, mirrorless cameras, this collection of bags offers the same top quality materials and craftsmanship that Think Tank is known...
Fine-Tuning for digital photography. Highest optical precision, multicoating (MC), water-repellent due to lotus effect (Water Shedding), slimline metal mount, front thread.
Get the perfect balance of speed and reliability for HD video and faster shot-to-shot performance with SanDisk Extreme© HD Video SDHCT cards. Delivering Class...
Completely fluff-free, grease-absorbing cloth for gentle, yet effective cleaning of optical lenses (glasses, lenses, magnifiers), but alsosuitable for CDs, records, photos, slides,TV/monitor screens, etc. Washable...