PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-G3 16mp 14-42/3.5-5.6 BLACK KIT
Smaller, lighter and with outstanding image quality; the LUMIX G3 offers creativity without limits The DMC-G3 has raised the bar in interchangeable lens camera quality. With an optimal balance of the imaging engine and sensor size, a huge range of features and a beautiful light-weight design, the DMC-G3 turns everyday moments into works of art.
High speed meets high performance
Exceptional image quality is what everyone desires from their camera. The DMC-G3's 16 megapixel Live MOS sensor ensures that your images will be beautifully rendered, thanks to a low noise processing circuit structure. Combine this with the super-charged Venus Engine VI FHD, which features advanced signal processing capabilities, and you will create stunning, sharp images every time.
Capture every precious moment
Now you never need to regret `the one that got away'; that perfect picture you weren't fast enough to catch, because the DMC-G3 incorporates the world's fastest*1 pinpoint auto focus speed, at approximately 0.1 second*2. The ingenious Light Speed AF system gives the DMC-G3 an accuracy and speed that rivals the performance of high-end DSLRs. A wide range of AF modes are available, including multiple-area AF with up to 23 focus areas, Face Detection, and AF Tracking, meaning the DMC-G3 can lock onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves.
*1 The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140) to move the lens position to "2m" from "infinity" position. The zoom position is in wide range. Panasonic measurement method.
*2 Approx. 0.1 sec with the LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S., approx. 0.18 sec with the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S., approx. 0.15 sec with the LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.
To get the best AF performance with the DMC-G3 and LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140), the firmware of LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140) must be updated to ver. 1.3 or later.
Intuitive touch-control enhances precision
The DMC-G3 features a variety of intuitive touch-control operations designed to make shooting and playback easy and fun. Touch control ensures that precision focus is even easier to achieve across the auto focus system, including full-area touch focusing where the focus can be set immediately to the subject, or to the background, by just one touch of the large LCD screen.
iA+ gives you more creative freedom
The iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus will satisfy experienced photographers, yet is easy enough for beginners to use comfortably in both photo and video recording. Defocusing area, exposure compensation and white balance can be adjusted for scenes where a slight manual adjustment may bring better results. This popular function is easily operated with a slider on the touch-screen. Additional iA features include AF Tracking, Face Recognition, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Resolution, MEGA O.I.S. (included in the lens), Intelligent ISO Control and Intelligent Scene Selector.
Film your masterpiece in the highest quality
The DMC-G3's 16-megapixel sensor means the camera can record in Full HD AVCHD; producing higher quality movies with minimal noise and capturing almost twice the recording time in HD quality than Motion JPEG. Panasonic's advanced auto focus system with full-time AF and AF tracking ensures high-quality, easy video shooting. Touch the screen, and the camera locks on and automatically "tracks" the subject as it moves, continuing to adjust the focus settings for best results. High quality sound can be recorded with Dolbyr Digital Stereo Creator, featuring a powerful wind-cut function, so you can be sure that your images are complimented by dynamic, true-to-life audio.
- 16 MP
- Type Digital interchangeable lens system camera
- Recording media SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
- Image sensor size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Lens mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Image Sensor
- Type Live MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels 16.68 Megapixels
- Camera Effective Pixels 16.0 Megapixels
- Colour Filter Primary color filter
- Dust Reduction System Supersonic wave filter
- Recording System
- Recording file format Still Image: JPEG(DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, DPOF compatible
- MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard)
- Aspect ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Image quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard,
- MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Color space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File Size Pixels (Still Image) [4:3] 4592x3448(L)[16M] / 3232x2424(M) [8M] / 2272x1704(S) [4M] / 1824x1368(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- [3:2] 4576x3056(L) [14M] / 3232x2160(M)[7M] / 2272x1520(S)[3.5M] / 1824x1216(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- [16:9] 4576x2576(L) [11.5M] / 3232x1824(M) [6M] / 1920x1080(S) [2M] / 1824x1024(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- [1:1] 3424 x 3424 (L) [11.5M] / 2416 x 2416 (M) [6M] / 1712 x 1712 (S)[3M] / 1712x17
- File Size Pixels (Motion Picture): Motion JPEG*1 [4:3] QVGA : 320 x 240, 30fps / VGA : 640 x 480, 30fps
- [16:9] HD : 1280 x 720, 30fps
- File Size Pixels (Motion Picture): AVCHD*2 - NTSC [Full HD] 1920x1080, 60i (sensor output is 30p) (FSH:17Mbps)
- [HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30p)(SH:17Mbps)
- File Size Pixels (Motion Picture): AVCHD*2 - PAL [Full HD] 1920x1080, 50i (sensor output is 25p) (FSH:17Mbps)
- [HD] 1280 x 720, 50p (sensor output is 25p)(SH:17Mbps)
- Continuous recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 110 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 100 min with H-FS045200
- Motion Jpeg with picture quality set to [HD]: Approx. 120 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 110 min with H-FS045200
- Actual recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 55 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 50 min with H-FS045200
- Motion Jpeg with picture quality set to [HD]: Approx. 60 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 55 min with H-FS045200
- Type Contrast AF system
- Focus mode AFS/ AFC/ MF
- AF mode Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint
- AF detective range EV 0-18 (ISO100 equivalent)
- AF assist lamp YES
- AF lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF/AE lock
- Others Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion image recording), AF+MF, Touch shutter, Touch MF Assist
- Exposure Control
- Light metering system 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
- Light metering mode Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- Metering range EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent)
- Exposure mode Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- ISO sensitivity(Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
- Exposure compensation 1/3EV Step ñ5EV
- AE lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF/AE lock
- AE bracket 3,5,7 frame, in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV Step, ñ3 EV
- White Balance
- White balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2 / Color temperature setting (Touch operation is possible)
- White balance adjustment Blue/amber bias, Magenta/green bias
- Color temperature setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White balance bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
- Type Focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed Still Images: 1/4000 60 and Bulb (up to approx. 120 seconds)
- Motion image: 1/16000
Compare to other products in the Digital Mirrorless range.
Compare to other products in the Panasonic range.