PANASONIC LX5 10.1mp DIGITAL CAMERA-Black
F2.0 Super Bright 24mm Ultra-Wide-Angle* High Quality LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON Lens with Minimum Distortion The DMC-LX5 is equipped with newly developed F2.0 24mm ultra-wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens with even higher resolution. The super bright, high quality lens is redesigned for extension of the optical zoom from LX3's 2.5x (60mm) to 3.8x (90mm) to be even more versatile for snapshots including portraits. The F2.0 lens is about twice as bright as the F2.8 lens, itself generally considered a bright lens. The result is higher shutter speed can be used to capture stunningly clear, sharp, blur-free images in lower lighting situation. This advanced lens also makes it easy to produce beautiful photos with pleasing soft-focused background thanks to the shallow depth of field provided by the extra light.
Also, the 24mm ultra-wide-angle lens - rare on a compact camera - gives photographers a wider range of composition possibilities. The super-high-quality LEICA DC VARIO- SUMMICRON lens minimises distortion at the wide end, so users can get stunning, true-to-life images with outstanding resolution and detail. The LX5 captures approximately 213% larger viewing space compared to that normal 35mm camera does, and even approx. 136% larger compared to that 28mm wide-angle lens can do.
Newly Designed 1/1.63-inch 10.1-megapixel High Sensitivity CCD with Wider Dynamic Range
The predecessor DMC-LX3 played a big role to cease the pixel count war by adopting 1/1.63-inch CCD for 10.1-megapixel recording to realise unprecedented picture quality with a compact digital camera and even to establish a new premium compact camera category in the market. The CCD in the LX3 which was highly acclaimed from specialists worldwide, is redesigned to achieve an even further expansion of dynamic range by increasing the sensitivity by approximately 31% and the saturation by approx.38%*. It is made possible by the improvement of on-tip-lens design with larger light concentration and VCCD expansion while deepening the photo diode to manage richer signal more effectively.
The result is high resolution, noiseless pictures even in high sensitivity recording and richly reproduced gradation in highly contrasted situations with the exquisitely wide dynamic range. Taking advantage of the high sensitivity CCD and the brightness of the lens, minimum illumination of DMC-LX5 is as low as 3 lux in movie recording.
Normally, to produce an image of 3:2 or 16:9 aspect ratio, 4:3 picture will be cropped, so the picture does not have the maximum advantage of these extraordinary recording aspect. However, the CCD in DMC-LX5 can reproduce images shot with the lens set from 24mm to 90mm in any of three aspect ratios; 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9, so you can always capture dynamic, richly expressive shots with a wide perspective. The Multi Aspect mode allows the camera to take an image in all three aspect ratios simultaneously for photographer to choose the one that best takes the advantage of the scene after shooting.
AVCHD Lite Video Recording with Full Manual and Auto Modes
For movie recording, the DMC-LX5 is now compatible with long time high quality HD movie recording in AVCHD Lite, in addition to the conventional motion JPEG format. A host of creative options, including Creative Movie mode, which lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive movies. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to movies, which is especially suitable for shooting fast-moving subject. Further modes featured are My Colour mode and Film mode available for more extended expression not only in photography but also in videography.
3.0" Intelligent LCD
The 3.0-inch large 460,000-dot high resolution Intelligent LCD is also redesigned by adopting High CRI (Colour Rendering Index) backlight LED to greatly increase the colour reproduction, offering remarkable visibility both in shooting and playing back images in any conditions from in the dark at night to under dazzling sunlight.
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.2 HD Edition
The latest version of exciting software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.2 HD Edition comes bundled with DMC-LX5. The PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.2 HD Edition makes it possible to sort and organise photos not only of those newly taken but also of those stored in your PC. Speeding up its processing time, the Face Recognition function that recognises the faces in the picture and the software automatically sorts the photos by the registered faces without picking out each photo one by one when you only want pictures of a specific person.
- 10.1 MP
- Zoom x 3
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 109.7 x 65.5 x 43.0 mm / excl. protrusions: 25.5 mm (4.32 x 2.58 x 1.69 in / excl. protrusions: 1.00 in)
- Weight Approx. 271g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.61 lb). Approx. 233g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.51 lb).
- Camera Effective Pixels 10.1
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/1.63-inch / 11.3 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F2.0 - 3.3 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F2.0 - 8 (W) / F3.3 - 8 (T)). (F2.0 - 11 (W) / F3.3 - 18 (T) in movie recording )
- Optical Zoom 3.8
- Focal Length " f=5.1-19.2mm (24-90mm in 35mm equiv.)(25-95mm in 35mm equiv. in movie recording).
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 4.5x (4:3 / 7M), 5.4x (4:3 / 5M), 6.7x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON, 10 elements in 9 groups
- 2-Speed Zoom No
- Optical Image Stabilizer POWER O.I.S. (Off / Auto / Mode1 / Mode2)
- Conversion lens Compatibility Y
- Digital Zoom 4x ( Max. 15.1 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom ), (Max. 26.8 x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide/Tele 50 cm - infinity, Macro / Intelligent AUTO: Wide 1 cm - infinity / Tele 30cm - infinity
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Assist Lamp Y
- Focus Normal / Macro Quick AF On/Off (On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF On/Off, AF/MF Switchable, Manual Focus(Jog Dial), One Shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / Multi (23pt) / 1pt (flexible / scalable)
- Shutter Speed Still: 60 - 1/4000 sec, Movie Mode : 1/30 - 1/20,000 sec (1/8 - 1/20,000 sec on MF operation on Creative Movie mode), Starry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec.
- Viewfinder (optional OVF/EVF)
- Face Recognition Photo
- Optical Image Stabilizer Photo&Movie
- Intelligent ISO Control Photo
- Face Detection Photo&Movie
- Intelligent Scene Selector Photo (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Sunset, Macro),&Movie (Portrait, Scenery, Low Light, Macro)
- Intelligent Exposure Photo&Movie
- AF Tracking Photo
- Digital Red Eye Correction Photo
- iA Direct Button
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), Image with Audio: JPEG (DCF / Exif2.3) + QuickTime, Motion picture: AVCHD Lite, QuickTime Motion JPEG
- AVCHD Lite REC PAL
- Mode Switch [Playback] button
- One-Touch Movie Button Yes
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial Intelligent AUTO, P(Program) mode, A(Aperture Priority) mode, S(Shutter Priority) mode, M(Manual) mode, Creative Movie mode, My Color mode, Scene mode, Custom 1,2
- Mode Button Intelligent AUTO, P(Program) mode, A(Aperture Priority) mode, S(Shutter Priority) mode, M(Manual) mode, Creative Movie mode, My Color mode, Scene mode, Custom 1,2
- Still Picture Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, High Sensitivity, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, Hi-Speed Burst, Flash Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial photo
- Movie Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Low Light, Food, Party, Candle Light, Sunset, Beach, Snow, Aerial, Pinhole, High Sensitivity, (Activated by selecting Still Picture Scene Mode then pressing movie button. Still Picture Scene Modes without corresponding Movie Scene Mode is recorded in Normal Mode)
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 2.5 frames/sec Max. 5 images (Standard mode), Max. 3 images (Fine Mode)"High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6 frames/sec (image priority)
- Unlimited consecutive shooting
- Motion Picture Recording 4:3 - VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG), QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG). 16:9 - WVGA: 848 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG). HD Movie - 1280x720 pixels, NTSC Mode: NTSC model: 60p(CCD output is 30p) / PAL model: 50p(CCD output is 25p), (AVCHD Lite, SH: 17Mbps / H:13Mbps / L:9Mbps ), / 30fps (Motion JPEG).
- Exposure Parameters
- Exposure Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Program Shift(Program AE mode)
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-3 EV
- Backlight Compensation Yes (only in Intelligent AUTO mode)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing +/- 1/3 EV 3EV step, 3 frames
- Color Bracketing N
- Multi-Aspect Yes
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- ISO Sensitivity Auto / i.ISO / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* / 12800* (* by pixel mixed readout) High Sensitivity (ISO 1600-12800).
- Max Auto ISO Setting Yes
- Image Parameters
- Aspect Ratio 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1
- Still Picture Recording 4:3 - 3648x2736(10M) / 3072x2304(7M) / 2560x1920(5M) / 2048x1536(3M) / 1600x1200(2M) / 640X480(0.3M). 3:2 - 3776x2520 (9.5M) / 3168x2112 (6.5M) / 2656x1768 (4.5M) / 2112x1408 (3M) / 2048x1360 (2.5M) / 640x424 (0.3M). 16:9 - 3968x2232 (9M) / 3328x1872 (6M) / 2784x1568 (4.5M) / 2208x1248 (2.5M) / 1920x1080 (2M) / 640x360 (0.2M). 1:1 - 2736x2736(7.5M) / 2304x2304 (5.5M) / 1920x1920 (3.5M) / 1536x1536 (2.5M) / 480 x 480 (0.2M).
- Image Quality Fine / Standard / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / RAW
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Flash / Halogen / Color Temperature / White Set 1 / White Set 2 (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Self Portrait, Panorama Assist, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst mode). White Balance Adjustment (2-axis adjustable, ñ9steps each, Blue/Amber and Magenta/Green bias).
- Quick Menu Yes
- Color Effect (Film Mode) Standard / Dynamic / Nature / Smooth / Vibrant / Nostalgic / Standard B&W / Dynamic B&W / Smooth B&W / My Film 1, 2 / Multi Film, (My Color Mode) Expressive /Retro / Pure / Elegant / Monochrome / High Dynamic / Dynamic Art / Dynamic B&W / Silhouette / Pinhole / Film Grain / Custom, Happy (only in iA mode), *Film Mode and My Color Mode are working for movie recording, also.
- Picture Adjustment Contrast ñ2steps, Sharpness ñ2steps, Saturation ñ2steps, Noise Reduction ñ2steps (can be adjusted in Film Mode)
- Color Mode
- Still Image with Audio Recording
- Audio Dubbing
- Flip Animation N
- Real-time histogram Y
- Composition Guide line Yes (3 pattern)
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Hold, OFF
- Review N
- Easy Zoom / Zoom Resume No / Yes
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture Y
- Zoom Macro N
- Orientation Detector Y
- Scene Mode Help Screen Y
- Self Timer 2sec / 10sec
- Focus Icon Select Yes (in Face Recognition only)
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Category Playback, Mode Playback, Favorites Playback
- Easy Organization
- Touch Zoom
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calender Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- Playback Still Images with Audio N
- Playback Motion Picture Yes ( AVCHD Lite / Motion JPEG)
- Slideshow Mode All / Still Images Only / Motion Picture Only / Category / Favorites / BGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights Y
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Resize / Trim / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / Yes
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Animation Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
Compare to other products in the Digital Compact range.
Compare to other products in the Panasonic range.
When you need speed, go with SanDisk Extremer 45MB/s Edition SDHCT cards and get more out of your DSLR or advanced camera, with SanDisk's...
For faster speed (up to 95 MB/s*), shoot with the SanDisk Extremer ProT SDHCT and SDXC for 64GB UHS-I memory cards. Compromise nothing with...
Spare genuine Panasonic lithium ion rechargeable battery pack suitable for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 digital camera. 3.6 volt 1250 mAh capacity. Lithium ion technology so...
The BlackRapid SnapR Point and Shoot Bag (Black) combines the features of a BlackRapid strap, hand strap or a durable padded camera bag. It...
Completely fluff-free, grease-absorbing cloth for gentle, yet effective cleaning of optical lenses (glasses, lenses, magnifiers), but alsosuitable for CDs, records, photos, slides,TV/monitor screens, etc. Washable...