Sekonic L-758 Cine Digital Master Lightmeter
The Sekonic L-758Cine DIGITALMASTER is the ultimate light-measuring tool for cinematographers, videographers as well as digital still shooters. Offering the most extensive range of fps (frames-per-second), cine shutter speeds, and shutter angle settings, it meets and excedes the demands of Professional Cinematographers as well as Professional Still Photographers.
It is the first to offer a 1ø parallax-free spot viewfinder with a digital display. A built-in retractable incident Lumisphere for standard or cosine corrected light readings, provides both hemispherical and narrow angle readings. The L-758Cine DUALMASTER will handle any lighting situation.
It offers foot-candle, lux, foot-lambert and cd/m2 measuring modes plus cine shutter speeds from 1 to 1000 fps and shutter angle settings from 1ø to 270ø.
The L-758Cine DIGITALMASTER features a rectangular 1ø parallax-free spot viewfinder. In dim or bright light situations, the L-758Cine DIGITALMASTER's spot viewfinder displays shutter speeds, aperture and more. The built-in spot meter measures both reflected ambient, flash or combined lighting. The optical finder also features an eyepiece with an adjustable diopter.
Electronic flash units and/or cameras can be triggered wirelessly with the optional plug-in digital radio Transmitter module (compatible with all PocketWizard Digital Radios). Simultaneous triggering and measuring of flash units up to 100 feet away is possible.
With its new easy-to-use Selective Quad-Triggering control (4 zone lighting control), the L-758Cine DUALMASTER offers quick selection of which flash unit to trigger and measure independently with a touch of a key. Now you can individually measure several flash units wirelessly by the touch of the meter's measuring button, without walking over to each light and turning it on or off.
Up to nine readings can be memorized and displayed on the analog scale independently in incident or spot metering modes in both Aperture and Shutter Priority Modes. Using Memory recall and clear, you may review all memorized readings individually on main display and selectively delete individual readings, or clear all simultaneously.
Both shutter speeds and apertures can be displayed in either full, 1/2 or 1/3-step increments plus 1/10 stop units to match your film or digital camera; selecting these increments is quick and easy with custom software menu settings.
Since no two digital cameras, camera and light meter or different types of films are likely to agree on exactly the same exposure, they need to be matched to one standard. Sekonic has recognized the need for this and created the first programmable light meter.
The L-758Cine can compensate for variation in exposure accuracy caused by different ISO settings, light sources, measuring methods and even file formats. In addition, the dynamic range of a camera sensor can be stored and displayed on the meter's LCD screen.
Spot with Digital Display
The L-758Cine DIGITALMASTER features a rectangular 1ø parallax-free spot viewfinder.
In dim or bright light situations, the L-758Cine DIGITALMASTER's spot viewfinderdisplays shutter speeds, aperture and more.
The built-in spot meter measures both reflected ambient, flash or combined lighting.
The optical finder also features an eyepiece with an adjustable diopter.
Shutter Angle: 1ø to 10ø in 1ø increments, from 15ø to 270ø in 5ø increments plus 12ø,17ø,22ø,144ø and 172ø individual settings
Cine Speeds: 1 thru 1000 fps. (frames per second)
Analog f/stop Display: f/0.5 to f/45 (in 1/3 steps)
Light Measurement Modes:
Footcandle 0.10 to 180,000
Lux 0.63 to 190,000
Cd/m2 0.25 to 190,000
Foot-lambert 0.07 to 190,000
Ambient EV (Incident) EV -2 to EV 22.9
Ambient EV (Reflected) EV 1 to EV 24.4 (with 1ø spot viewfinder)
Flash (Incident) f/0.5 to f/161.2
Flash (Reflected) f/2.0 to f/161.2
Filter Compensation Settings: Selectable on ISO 2: 85, -n3, -n6, -n9, -A3, -A6, -A9 or +/- 5.0EV in 1/10 step increments for Incident and Reflected independently
Optional Plug-in Radio Transmitter Module
Full, 1/2 or 1/3-step Selectable Readings
Exposure and Calibration Compensation
Dual ISO Settings
Full-Featured Flash Measurements
All Weather Design
The world's first multi-function light meter that can be programmed to match thesensitivity of digital still camera sensors or types of film for perfect exposure control.
In addition to its special cine capabilities, the L-758Cine includes a unique flash/ambient analyzing mode
- Type: Dual readout digital light meter for ambient and flash, incident and reflected light.
- Light receiving method: Incident light and reflected light
- Incident light: Retractable and rotatable.
- Reflected light: 1ø spot with display in finder
- Reflected Metering distance: 3.3' to infinity ( 1m to infinity)
- Light receptor element: 2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)
- Metering modes
- Ambient light: Simple illumination measurement (lux, foot-candle) Simple brightness measurement(foot-lambert, cd/m2) Aperture priority metering Shutter priority metering EV metering
- Flash: With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative) Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative) Measurement using the optional wireless flash radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Radio Triggering (Optional)
- Radio technology: Complex 16/24 bit digitally coded
- Range: Up to 100 feet from transmitter to receiver
- Channels: 1 to 16 channels standard, 17 to 32 Quad Triggering, signal, selectable individual triggering
- Radio wave frequency USA&Canada (FCC&IC): CH1-CH16 344.00MHz CH17-CH32 346.50 354.00MHz
- Europe (EU) CH1-CH16 433.62MHz CH17-CH32 434.22MHz
- Measuring Range (ISO 100)
- Ambient light: Incident light: EV-2 to EV 22.9 Reflected light: EV 1 to EV 24.4 with 1ø spot viewfinder
- Flash: Incident light: f/0.5 to f/161.2 (approx. f/175) Reflected light: f/2.0 to f/161.2 (approx. f/175) with 1ø spot viewfinder
- Illumination: 0.63 - 190,000 lux (2 significant digits) 0.10 - 180,000 foot-candle (2 significant digits)
- Brightness: 0.25 - 190,000 cd/m2 (2 significant digits) 0.07 - 190,000 foot-lambert (2 significant digits)
- Repeat Accuracy: +/- 0.1 EV or less
- Calibration Constant Incident light metering: Lumisphere C = 340 - Retracted C = 250 - Reflected light metering: K = 12.5
- Display Range
- Film speed: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 steps)
- Shutter Speeds: Ambient: 30 minutes to 1/8000 second (full, 1/2 or 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400 Cine speeds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 36,40, 48, 50, 60, 64, 72, 75, 90, 96, 100, 120, 125, 128, 150, 200, 240, 250, 256, 300, 360, 375, 500, 625, 750, 1000 frames per second
- Flash: 30 minutes to 1/1000 second (full, 1/2 or 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200 and 1/400
- Aperture: f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop)
- EV: EV -9.9 to EV 46.6 (in 1/10 stop)
- Aperture display: Analog scale : f/0.5 to f/128 (in 1/3 step) Digital display: f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in fill,1/2 and 1/3 steps)
- Shutter angle: 1øto 10øin 1øincrements, from 15ø to 270ø in 5ø increments plus 12ø,17ø,22ø,144øand 172ø
- Shutter Speed display: 4 seconds to 1/4000 second (in 1/3 stop)
- EV Range: EV (-)9.9 to EV 46.6 (in 1/10 steps)
- Filter compensation: ñ5.0EV for incident and reflected independently (in 1/10 steps)
- Filter factor numbers: 85, -n3, -n6, -n9, -A3, -A6 and -A9
- Other features
- All-weather feature: Water-resistant splash-proof design. JIS standard water resistance class 4, splash-proof type
- Memory function: 9 readings on analog scale (f/stop and shutter speed) with memory recall and clear feature
- Average function: Up to 9 readings can be averaged
- Brightness Difference function: +/- 9.9EV (in 1/10 stops) flash or ambient light evaluation
- Flash analyzing function: Displays percentage of flash in total exposure in 10% increments
- Multiple flash function: Unlimited flash readings
- Average function: Average up to 9 flash and ambient readings
- Exposure Out of Range: E.u (underexposure) or E.o (overexposure) indication
- Exposure compensation: ñ 9.9EV for incident and reflected independently (in 1/10 steps)
- Calibration compensation: ñ 1.0EV for incident and reflected (in 1/10 stop)
- Battery Power Indicator display: With 3 level status icon
- Auto Power Off: Shuts down after 20 minutes of non-use
- Auto illumination: EV 6 and under for 20 sec.
- 1/4" Tripod socket: For placing meter in subject area for cordless flash measuring
- Second ISO film speed setting: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 stop)
- Diopter adjustment: -2.5 to 1.0d
- Battery: One CR123A battery (3V Lithium dry cell); 60 hours
- Operating temperature range: 14ø to 122ø F (-10ø to 50ø C)
- Storage temperature range: -4ø to 140ø F (-20ø to 60ø C)
- Custom programs: 17 custom program settings for frequently used features
- Repeat accuracy: ñ0.1EV or less
- Dimensions: 3.5"W x 6.7"H x 1.9"D (90mmW x 170mmH x 48mmD)
- Weight: 9.5oz (268gm) with battery
Compare to other products in the Meters range.
Compare to other products in the Sekonic range.