Sekonic L-478D Meter
Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro Sekonic's new LITEMASTER PRO L-478D meter is the world's first touch-screen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both motion and still story tellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478D can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
For Still Photographers
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera (requires separate Sekonic or X-rite exposure targets and 5-degree finder for L-478). Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
- Type: Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
- Receptor Head: Rotating Domed Head 90ø to the right, 180ø to the left, Retractable for Contrast Reading
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light: Convertible to flat diffuser(Lumisphere slides to expose Lumidisc)
- Receptor Reflected Light: 5ø Viewfinder (Separate Accessory)
- Light Receptor Element: 2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)
- Measuring Range and Modes
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light:
- - HD Cine - Shutter priority metering, FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Lux/FC
- - Cine - FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Shutter Angle setting, Lux/FC
- - Simple brightness measurement (foot-lambert, cd/m2
- - Simple illumination measurement (lux, foot-candle)
- - Aperture priority metering
- - EV metering
- - Shutter priority metering
- Measuring Modes Flash: - Measurement using the optional wireless flash radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- - Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- - With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light: - Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
- - Reflected light EV3 to EV 19.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash: - Incident Light f/1.0 to f/128.9
- - Reflected Light f/2.8 to f/128.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
- Measuring Range Illuminance: 0.63 to 2000000lux - 0.10 to 180000FC
- Measuring Range Brightness: 1 to 980000 cd/m2 - 0.29 to 290000 foot lamberts
- Display Range and Modes
- Display Range Film Speed: ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient: 30 min to 1/64,000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash: 30 min to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
- Display Range Aperture: f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
Compare to other products in the Meters range.
Compare to other products in the Sekonic range.