ThinkTank Sling-O-Matic 30 Sling Bag
Think Tank Photo introduces the Sling-O-Matic, the photo industry's first sling camera bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder. The Sling-O-Matic's adjustable, fully padded shoulder strap "automatically" slides along a set of rails to change which shoulder the bag can be worn on. This is the innovative solution to the problem inherent with other sling bags: only being designed to wear the sling bag over the same shoulder. With one smooth motion, the Sling-O-Matic can be quickly switched to the opposite shoulder without losing the characteristics that have made sling bags popular among photographers. The Sling-O-Matic series offers three unique bags to choose from, depending on the set of photo gear a photographer needs to carry. Top Features:
Sling-O-Matic can switch back and forth "automatically" to carry over either shoulder
Gear access always stays on top when Sling-O-Matic is in front
Carries a DSLR and a 70-200 f2.8 attached, with the lens hood in position
Carries a regular size DSLR and a 70-200 f2.8 attached with lens hood in position, plus 3-5 additional lenses
Can accommodate some pro size DSLRs and a 70-200 f2.8 attached with lens hood in position, plus 3-5 additional lenses
Carries up to a a 15.4" laptop in a separate padded compartment
Not compatible with all Nikon Pro DSLR cameras
ID of photo gear compartment: 11.25" W x 16" H x 5.5" D* (28.5 x 41 x 14 cm*)
ID of laptop compartment: 11.25" W x 16" H x 1.5" D ( 28.5 x 41 x 3.5 cm)
ED: 12" W x 17.25" H x 7.5" D (30.5 x 44 x 19 cm)
*bag flexibility allows expansion to carry some pro size DSLR bodies with a lens attached inside the main compartment.
WEIGHT: 2.9-4.0 lbs (1.3-1.8 kg)
- The photo industry's first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder. Sling-O-Matic's adjustable, fully padded shoulder strap "automatically" slides along a set of rails to change which shoulder the bag can be worn on. With one smooth motion, the Sling-O-Matic can be quickly switched to the opposite shoulder without losing the characteristics that have made sling bags popular among photographers.
- Gear access always stays on top, when the Sling-O-Matic is in front, no matter which shoulder the bag is carried over. Part of the challenge of creating a "reversible" sling bag is to make sure that the access door to the photo equipment faces up when the bag is swung forward. No complex reconfiguration of the Sling-O-Matic is required. Simply flip the bag over, open it up and start taking great photos!
- Fits a DSLR with up to a 70-20 f2.8 attached and the lens hood in shooting position! Sling-O-Matic can also accommodate some pro size DSLR camera bodies with a lens attached.
- Sling-O-Matic 30 carries up to a 15.4" laptop in a separate padded compartment. Similar to accessing the loaded photo equipment, the zipper for the laptop compartment always faces up when the bag swings in front of the body.
- Discreetly stylized to avoid obviously appearing like a camera bag. Going incognito is important when carrying expensive photo equipment. Like other Think Tank bags, the Sling-O-Matic is all black on the outside so it won't attract too much attention when the equipment is stowed away.
- Up to a medium sized tripod can be carried on one side using the included tripod straps. Each Sling-O-Matic includes two fully adjustable straps that attach to small, but secure, fabric loops on either side of the long pocket. Depending on the size of the tripod legs, one or two of the legs can be inserted into the long pocket for additional stability.
- Some small tripods can simply be carried in the long pocket, without using the tripod straps.
- Long side pocket for carrying a large water bottle or other bulky accessories.
- Large handles on three sides help to swing the bag around or just carry it in hand.
- Wide zippered pockets on front, back, and side for carrying a newspaper, airline boarding passes, or other items.
- Business card pocket on the top for carrying a short stack of business cards.
- Attach the included "chest strap" for additional stability while walking around.
- The adjustable side of the chest strap can be used as a waist strap, if preferred.
- A small pocket on the bottom of the Sling-O-Matic is available for storing any of the removable straps.
- A selection of padded dividers are included to partition the Sling-O-Matic's interior for different types of gear.
- A seam-sealed rain cover is included for protecting the Sling-O-Matic and its contents from heavy rain, dust or snow.
Compare to other products in the Soft bags range.
Compare to other products in the Thinktank range.